EDITOR: Northwest Dharma News
The Northwest Dharma News is looking for a new editor, beginning January 1, 2012. This will be a paid position with compensation of $500 per quarterly issue.
The News editor oversees all aspects of publishing this quarterly online journal.
Qualities needed for the position are:
- Strong familiarity with and interest in the multiple traditions comprising the Buddhist community in the Northwest, including socially engaged Buddhism.
- Outstanding ability to communicate ideas, instructions, and revisions as needed, plus diligence in developing sources.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
The News editor’s responsibilities include:
- Supporting the mission of the Northwest Dharma Association and maintaining communication with board and staff.
- Recruiting volunteer News staff as needed.
- Developing and maintaining contact with sources of News content, including: NWDA board/staff; NWDA online Calendar, Directory and Facebook page; print and electronic sangha newsletters, websites, blogs, etc.; Buddhist news feeds and other internet sources; personal contacts, etc.
- Requesting submission queries, planning content for future issues quarterly. Soliciting news articles and photos for specific content.
- Overseeing fact checking, editing submissions; editing table of contents, contributors’ info, captions, and other News content as needed.
- Coordinating web version production with graphic design staff, including revisions, proofreading, etc.
Please contact [email protected] for more information.